Meadows Museum Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays until 9:00 p.m.
The Meadows Museum is closed on Mondays, Easter Sunday, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
The Museum will close at 3:00 P.M. on Thursday, April 16, to prepare for its 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION. We regret any inconvenience.
Admission to Exhibitions and Upper Galleries:
$10 for adults, $8 for seniors 65 and over, $4 for students.
Complimentary admission on Thursdays after 5 p.m.
Meadows Museum members and children under the age of 12 are admitted free.
SMU faculty, staff, and students receive free admission upon presentation of their University photo ID.
The Meadows Museum will admit active military and their families for free at all times as a participant in the Blue Star Museum program (PDF)
Address & Phone numbers:
5900 Bishop Blvd. Dallas, TX 75205
P.O. Box 750357 Dallas, TX 75275-0357
Directions and Parking:
The Museum is located on the edge of the Southern Methodist University campus, on Bishop Boulevard., one block north of Mockingbird Lane. Entrance to the parking garage underneath the museum is at the corner of Bishop and Schlegel. Parking is FREE for museum visitors!
From Central Expressway (US 75): exit Mockingbird Lane (exit #3). Turn west and go two blocks (Stadium is on the right). Turn right on Bishop Blvd., turn right on Schlegel Street and make an immediate left into the parking garage under the Museum. Enter the right entrance into the garage which is marked "Meadows Museum Parking Only." Visitors may access the museum entrance from the stairs on street level or by riding the elevators from the first or second level of the parking garage.
From Love Field Airport, Dallas: Take the airport exit to Mockingbird Lane and turn left on Mockingbird Lane. Proceed east approximately five miles, passing Hillcrest Avenue. Turn left at the next traffic signal, Bishop Boulevard. Drive approximately 200 feet to Schlegel Street, turn right and make an immediate left into the museum's underground parking garage. Enter the right entrance into the garage which is marked "Meadows Museum Parking Only."
From Dallas-Fort Worth Airport: Take the "south" airport exit to 183 east. Take I-35 east (Stemmons Freeway) proceeding south to the exit marked "To US-75." Move to one of the two left lanes to merge with US-75 north. Continue north on US-75 approximately four miles to Mockingbird Lane (US-75 exit # 3). Turn left, proceeding west, approximately 1/2 mile to Bishop Boulevard. Turn right onto Bishop Boulevard and drive approximately 200 feet to Schlegel Street turn right and make an immediate left into the museum's underground parking garage. Enter the right entrance into the garage which is marked "Meadows Museum Parking Only."
For Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), take the Red Line or Blue Line to Mockingbird Station (Mockingbird Lane at Central Expressway). From Mockingbird Station, either:
- walk/bike west on Mockingbird Lane approx. 3/4 mi. to Bishop Boulevard and turn right, the museum is the first building on the right. Bike racks are located opposite the northeast corner of the museum, on Ownby Drive.
- take the FREE SMU Museum Express (DART bus route 743) to campus. The SMU Museum Express provides continuous service from Mockingbird Station to the Bush Center on SMU Boulevard, and on to the Meadows Museum on Bishop Boulevard, courtesy of SMU. Hours of service on the specially marked shuttle are 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, frequency every 30 min.; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, frequency every 20 min.; and 1-5 p.m. on Sunday, frequency every 20 min. There will be no service on Easter Sunday, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Always visit DART.ORG for the most current service information.
- take the Mustang Express Shuttle (DART bus route 768) to campus, courtesy of SMU. This is a longer route, with stops in the residential areas around Greenville Avenue/Lovers Lane; campus drop-off is on Bishop Boulevard in front of the Owen Arts Center, walk south to the museum, which is the last building on the left. Hours of service on the specially marked shuttle vary depending on SMU’s class schedule but are generally Monday through Saturday, frequency every 20 min. Always visit DART.ORG for the most current service information.
- take DART bus route 521 west on Mockingbird Lane to Bishop Boulevard (this is a regular DART route, standard fares and operating hours apply). Walk north on Bishop, the museum is the first building on the right.
- Umbrellas, backpacks, or other bulky items are not allowed in the galleries.
- Photography without flash is permitted in the galleries, except where indicated.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries except for special programs.